The SUBSPORT Case Story Database provides substitution examples as well as information on alternative substances and technologies from enterprises, published reports and other sources. The case stories can serve as inspiration and offer concrete help to companies or organisations searching for substitutes to hazardous chemicals and may also prove useful in e.g. procurement and in legislative processes.
Substances mentioned in the case stories are pre-evaluated regarding hazards according to SUBSPORT methodology which includes a check of the Substance Database according to SUBSPORT Screening Criteria (SDSC).
A more detailed alternatives assessment is being performed for 10 substances or groups of substances of high concern.
- chromium VI and compounds (alkaline chromates, dichromates, chromium trioxide)
- bisphenol A
- lead and its inorganic compounds
- octylphenol, nonylphenol and ethoxylates
- brominated flame retardant: hexabromocyclododecane (HBCDD)
- parabens (methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben)
All case stories are available in English. About one third of the cases are translated to French, German and Spanish.