Substitution information for the textile sector
This project aims to extent the SUBSPORT portal with information specific to the textile sector. Offering relevant and reliable information we want to support stakeholders active in substituting hazardous substances in the context of legal obligations, international agreements or initiatives.
Current activities in this area are among others the „Roadmap to Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals ZDHC“, an initiative by a group of major apparel and footwear brands and retailers, and the Greenpeace Detox campaign.
In addition to the already existing SUBSPORT portfolio the following extensions will be added:
- textile-specific case stories from enterprises and literature with descriptions of alternative substances and technologies will be published in English and German in the Case Story Database, find textile-specific case stories here
- one detailed alternatives assessment of a substances or group of substances of concern
- incorporation of textile-specific restricted substances lists into the Restricted and Priority Substances Database
- alternatives identification and assessment training sessions
- activities to disseminate the SUBSPORT information portal and project results
Kooperationsstelle Hamburg IFE GmbH (Germany)
Kooperationsstelle Hamburg IFE – Institute for International Research, Development, Evaluation and Counselling – is an independent partner for the substitution of hazardous substances and occupational health and safety.
Dr. Isabella Banduch, Tel.: +49 (0)40 76629 2445
Administration, Tel.: +49 (0)40 76629 2440
Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt
The Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt (DBU) is one of Europe’s largest foundations and promotes innovative and exemplary environmental projects.
Project duration: Aug 2013 – March 2015
The flyer of the SUBSPORT textile project can be downloaded here.